Saturday, March 30, 2013

Quieting the Inner Pessimist


After a 10-hour workday, especially one on a beautiful spring Sabbath day, it would be easy to complain. And I have. And I still do. It's a struggle to battle the inner pessimist and search for the positives on a daily basis, but I'm determined to focus on the good. Sometimes it's an active choice to look for them, other times it's easier, and sometimes it changes literally moment by moment. I've had both today. 

19. The musical medley of frogs croaking on a warm evening. 

20. Jogging. Nothing like the wind in your hair, getting to the top of a hill and seeing the nice gentle slope ahead of you just as your favorite song comes on, empowering you to go that extra mile.

21. The quiet hum of the baby monitor, knowing that the little ones are sound asleep, for now anyway. 

And yes, I know the list is shorter tonight, but it's late, my head is throbbing, and 4:45 will come nice and early again tomorrow. Until then, "Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Ephesians 5:20 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment