Sunday, March 24, 2013

Inspiration for Thanks-Giving

I have felt inspired in reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp to begin a list of things I am thankful for, gifts God has given me in the everyday life. There are so many, I know, yet so many stresses and moments of overwhelming busyness that I neglect to notice them. So from this moment onward, I am going to chronicle my own list of gifts to reflect upon, so that in those moments of melancholy I can review and remember how many things I have to be thankful for. So here goes...

1. Holding hands with my son. Now only 22 months old, he will occasionally reach out to hold my hand, then lay his head back and smile.

2. The feel of sand sliding out from under your feet as a wave rushes back toward the ocean.

3. Hearing my daughter's singing. Whether it be a rousing rendition of Jesus Loves Me or She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain, or making up her own precious tunes, I will never tire of my 3 1/2 year old's voice as she sings to herself.

4. The big belly laughs that erupt from tickle wars with a toddler.

5. The smell of cornbread baking in the oven while the spicy scent of taco soup arises from the kitchen.

6. Relaxing in bed with my husband, even when we don't have to say a word, in the quiet moments after the kids fall asleep

And after that last note, I'm feeling like perhaps it's time to succumb to the heavy lids weighing down on my eyes. Good night, and God's blessings (and your awareness of them!) to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment