Monday, March 25, 2013

Another day in the life...

So today is one of those days of melancholy, not because anything negative has happened. On the contrary, it has been a wonderful day. But I think it's one of those days of reality hitting: vacation is almost over. A time of sadness and disappointment, and yet looking forward to my own bed, the normal kid routine, etc. But with that routine comes, yes, work.

I've never disliked work, and for that I am grateful, but of course, I would much rather stay on vacation. To be able to stroll on the beach, wake up and enjoy a cup of local coffee while smelling the beach air. But such is life, and I am well aware how blessed I am to have had this time.

So that being said, time to focus on just a few of the blessings of today.

7. Plumeria. I love the simplicity of their beauty, not to mention the intoxicating smell.

8. Having family that is willing to wrestle my little ones so their daddy and I can do something for ourselves.

9. The way my little guy leans all the way in front of my face when he's trying to tell me something.

10. Yogurtland. 'Nuf said.

11. Reading with my snugglebums before bed.

12. "God-rays." A new phrase I learned that describes the way the sunlight streams through a break in cloud cover.

And God sure does show Himself in ways such as these. When all around us seems grey and drizzly and foggy, a sudden stream of sunlight is enough to raise my face heavenward to the warmth of the Son. Thank you, Jesus, for my family, health, and life, and for the reminders of Your love to us each and every day.

Good night, and remember He has you engraved on the palms of His hands. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment