Friday, March 29, 2013

Back to the routine

So we're back at home, settling into the "normal" life, although I haven't had to go back to work yet. That's tomorrow, and between being on vacation and the time change, 4:45 will come VERY early tomorrow morning. I'm putting off chores, since I just want to soak up every last moment of this break.

With Easter Sunday approaching, it's easy to remember the blessings are both great and small in our lives. So here are some of each:

12. A husband who not only picks up groceries so I don't have to go with the two crazy little ones, but also offers to give me a break from them so I can do something for me.

13. A job that allows me the flexibility and benefits to work as much (or little) as I do and still pay the bills.

14. My son's eyelashes. So long, like his daddy's. <3

15. The green leaf buds appearing on the oak trees.

16. Sunsets after a drizzly day.

17. The health of my babies. I am so blessed to have babes who haven't had any major health issues. I pray for many families I know who have had little ones with many health concerns, and so many times I take my little ones' physical and mental health for granted.

18. And yes, most importantly, for the deeper meaning behind Easter Sunday. For so many, this holiday is about bunnies and eggs and chocolate, etc. But I choose to remember the enormous sacrifice of my Savior, the anguish He experienced just to give ME a CHANCE to spend eternity with Him. He defeated sin in that moment and for that, I will be ETERNALLY grateful.

Have a blessed Sabbath and Easter Sunday, and remember who He is and the reason He came -- for YOU! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment